Thursday 14 November 2013

Schedule 2



Finding myself in an inter-provincial liminal space, the artifact I would choose is a form: Canada Student Loans, Confirmation of Enrolment, Schedule 2. 

I would ask questions including:
-          Why does the form have a field for “province” only (not territories)?
-          Why is the form administered by HR and Skills Development Canada?
o   What does this imply about the government’s investment in PSE?
-          Why does this form still need to be faxed? 
o   I have online banking on my phone.
-          If the University collects fees per student registered, doesn’t the government already have this information about me?
-          How does the “permanent address” field marginalize students who move from province-to-province between degrees, who may not have immediate family?
or
-          How is the “permanent address” field audited to find discrepancies that disqualify students from provincial loans?
-          What is the principal use of Schedule 2?
o   Is this use in the best interest of the students who are coerced into completing the form?

No comments:

Post a Comment